The PHS Wellness Champion Gathering will be held virtually via Zoom on Friday, November 17th from 9:00am to 3:00pm ET. Attendees can choose to attend the entire day or individual sessions and teachers will have the opportunity to receive SCECHs. Eligible PHS schools who register and attend the event will be eligible for a drawing to win one of two $250 PE equipment vouchers!
We will have speakers presenting on numerous topics that will help to support the health and well-being of students, staff, and families in your school’s community. Topics for this year’s event include:
- Nutrition Education for Teens and Young Adults: Using Food as a Superpower
- Building and Maintaining a Successful School Wellness Team
- Healthy Nutrition and Meal Prep for Busy Teachers and Staff
- The Risks of Adolescent Caffeine Consumption
- Social and Emotional Health and Well-Being
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Melissa Boguslawski, PHS Program Manager, at mkbog (@) med.umich.edu. We look forward to seeing you there!